WHY HOST A HOME SHOW?
- You and your guests will hear stories about the children and moms we serve in Ethiopia.
- Help artisans in Ethiopia make a living wage and provide for their families.
- Support the mission of Addis Jemari.
- Learn about the rich culture, history, and artistry in Ethiopia.
HOW DO I PICK A DATE?
Check your schedule and let us know a date and time that works best for you and your friends.
WHO SHOULD I INVITE?
Invite people from your network (work, church, neighborhood, family, children’s activities, book club, civic groups, Bible study, etc.). Encourage each invitee to invite a friend.
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOULD I INVITE?
Over-inviting is key. Based on our experience, we encourage you to invite three times as many people as you would like to attend.
WHAT FOOD AND DRINKS SHOULD I OFFER?
Keep the refreshments simple. Plan for very simple finger foods and beverages. Offering one sweet and one savory food item is usually perfect.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO?
Nothing. Leave all the work to us on the day of the event! We will arrive about an hour and a half before the home show starts to set up all of the products. Our team will provide a brief overview of Addis Jemari, share about the products, and help your guests complete their purchases. At the end, we will take down all the remaining items, pack everything up, and leave your home just like we found it!
WHAT DO I DO AFTER THE HOME SHOW?
Invite your friends to consider hosting a party. And share photos of the event on social media and tag your friends and Addis Jemari.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO INVITE PEOPLE?
- Invite people via Evite, email, Facebook, Instagram, text message, and word of mouth! We will also provide postcards that you can mail or distribute in person and graphics you can text or email out to your network.
- Include a link to the online AJ Marketplace in your invitation.
- Send reminders to your invite list a week before and another one a day or two before!
Sign up and stay connected
Subscribe today to get updates and stories of impact from Ethiopia.