Volunteers Help Us Flourish
Volunteering has a positive effect on the community we serve and you can do it from home! We invite you to join a team of people whose lives are being enriched through service.
- Help promote the AJ Mission
- Become involved in activities that have a direct impact on our programs in Ethiopia
- Experience opportunities to learn about Addis Jemari, as well as life in Ethiopia
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Assist in events sponsored by Addis Jemari
- Take an active role in helping to change the lives of others
- The AJ Teen Board will work as a team to create and develop projects to support Addis Jemari
All volunteer hours can be used for school credit. Participating on the AJ Teen Board is an excellent resume builder for college, giving our teen board members valuable work experience in a growing nonprofit.
- Attend at least three out of four meetings a year
- Volunteer for at least 10 hours with Addis Jemari throughout the year at events or through special projects (meetings do not count towards the 10 hours)
- Help plan and participate in one fall and one spring supply collection or fundraiser as a group
- After being trained, share the mission of Addis Jemari with at least one group or organization (fall project)
- Respond to AJ Teen Board correspondence in a timely fashion (within 48 hours)
*Failure to comply with the above requirements eliminates you from being eligible to apply the following year.
*We only have 25 Teen Board positions available. Should you not get a spot on our 2023-2024 Teen Board, you can still volunteer with Addis Jemari through our AJ Ambassadors program and partake in service projects throughout the year.
*Applications are now live and are due by April 30, 2023.
Organizations everywhere need volunteers to thrive, and so do we!
A collective effort of everyone is what it takes to make a difference in the world. Your support is crucial to our efforts to keep families together through our Family Empowerment Program and to encourage, educate and empower once orphaned and vulnerable teenage girls in our AJ Home.
Sign up and stay connected
Subscribe today to get updates and stories of impact from Ethiopia.