Every Step Layering Necklace
Handmade in Ethiopia from recycled ammunition, this piece has a heavyweight, quality feel and is the perfect personality piece to complete your necklace stack.
– Made of infinitely recyclable solid brass
– Featuring weighted charms for a textured look and quality feel
– 16.5 inches long with an extra 2 inches of chain extension to allow you to adjust lengths for optimal layering
– Best stored away from humidity and polished with Brasso, steel wool, a lemon juice scrub, or warm water and soap
The fashion industry employed over 40 million women, only 2% of which earn a living wage. This allows fashion brands to churn out continual new trends for consumers while makers face a continued cycle of poverty.
Instead, we partner with female entrepreneurs who started their manufacturing businesses to create jobs for local women with living wages. Our collaborations create work for women rising above the poverty line and changing the cycle of generational poverty for their families.
In addition to social good, brass is infinitely recyclable making it a perfect material as we begin to incorporate more sustainable business practices.
What makes it ethical
– Safe work environments for women free of abuse and known environmental hazards
– Living wages that allow women to afford food, education, clothes, and housing for themselves and their families
– Employers who view job creation as part of their mission rather than a cost to control
– No forced labor
– Dignity and respect for artisans by both their Ethiopian employers and by us as an American brand looking to highlight their dignity, strength, and resiliency
Out of stock